What is Precious Metal Clay:
- Precious Metal Silver Clay is a unique clay like substance made with reclaimed powdered silver particles suspended in an organic binder.
- It looks like and is handled like normal clay, but when dried and fired, you are left with an amazing article made of 99.9% solid silver, which can actually be Hallmarked at the London Assay Office as Fine Silver. There is an additional fee Hallmarking, please let us know on the day of the course if you would your items Hallmarked
- This fun and productive course is for everyone, offering plenty of opportunities to be creative and make that very special “one-off” piece of bespoke jewellery, a key fob, ID tag for your pet.
- You could create a piece of jewellery from a finger or footprint of a new-born or something special for a family member or friend.
- You can bring an idea or a mould of something you want to create with you, or you can search our boxes of amazing moulds to get inspiration. Each piece is unique to the maker…. … the options are endless….
- All of the tools and equipment (including findings, ribbon, a gemstone, packaging and 7 grams of Silver Clay) are included in the price.
- You will have the option to purchase more Silver Clay if your project requires it.
- Lunch, refreshments, cake & biscuits are also included in the price, but we do ask for you to let us know if you have any food intolerances so we can accommodate.
What our students thought: A really good day spent learning a new skill, excellent lunch included as well as all materials. Leave the day with a nice unique silver piece you have made yourself. What could be nicer? Michele Etherton
- We are situated in New Romney within easy walking distance of the village.
- Locally there are some excellent restaurants, the beach is approx 30-minute walk (door to shore!)
- The Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway is also within walking distance for you to be able to take an excursion if you want to extend your stay prior to or after the course. Rye, Hastings and Canterbury are a short drive away and often have many local festivals or activities taking place.
Accommodation: Enjoy a stay in our Seaside Themed 2 Bedroom Cabin
- We have a comfortable self-contained annexe.
- A Seaside Cabin with double bed and bunk beds.
- There is a kitchen, shower and separate toilet.
Continental breakfast is included whilst attending the course
TO BOOK ACCOMMODATION CLICK HERE
Duration: 9:30am TO 5:00pm